Background / Purpose
With NCAA legislation such a vital part of our positions as Commissioners,this group will serve as additional resource to our Association. The legislative function currently is somewhat fragmented in that it is handled between the NCAA and the member conferences directly. RSRO has enhanced the ability to distribute AMA actions in writing, so this is a logical time for our Association to enact a more effective communications network for interpretive and legislative issues. The committee should have a keen eye on those NCAA rules and interpretations that create ease in NCAA rules compliance.
- Act as key contacts to the D3CA for NCAA interpretations and legislation.
- Distribute “unique” interpretations among committee members and then to membership.
- Identify NCAA rules for review by the NCAA’s Interpretations and Legislation Committee.
- Regular conference calls with conference-office ILC representative.
- Facilitate co-sponsorship process.
- One conference office rep currently on ILC.
- Balanced representation from current D3CA membership categories, regional commissioner associations, etc.
- Chuck Yrigoyen, Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Conference, Chair (thru. July 2017)
- Gregg Kaye, Commonwealth Coast Conference, NCAA ILC Member (thru Jan. 2020)
- Cora Brumley, Little East Conference (thru Jan. 2018)
- Jennifer Dubow, Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (thru Jan. 2019)
- Jay Gardiner, Southern Athletic Association (thru Jan. 2019)
- Donna Ledwin, Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (thru July 2017)
- Angie Morenz, St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (thru Jan. 2020)
- Patrick B. Summers, NEWMAC (thru Jan. 2018)